Read through this post from blogger buzz 'Seven new ways to share your blog with the world', posted a few days ago to find out all about it - looks exciting but a little daunting too (oh and beware high energy music in the video I've embedded above!)
In the post it explains the changes as well as giving you the opportunity to put in your blog url to preview what your blog will look like using the seven dynamic views. The idea is you are giving your viewer the choice, but you do need to pick a default view from the seven if you want to make the switch.
There are 7
- Classic - A modern twist on a traditional template, with infinite scrolling and images that load as you go
- Flipcard - Your photos are tiled across the page and flip to reveal the post title
- Magazine - A clean, elegant editorial style layout
- Mosaic - A mosaic mix of different sized images and text
- Sidebar - An email inbox-like view with a reading page for quick scrolling and browsing
- Snapshot - An interactive pinboard of your posts
- Timeslide - A horizontal view of your posts by time period
"Adding a Dynamic View to your blog is as easy as changing your template. Log in to Blogger, click on the Template tab on your dashboard, and select whichever view you want to set as your default. Note that readers can still choose to navigate your blog in a different view by selecting from the pulldown in the upper left of the screen.
If you want to add your own touch to any of these new views, you can upload a header image and customize the background colors. We’ll be adding more ways to customize Dynamic Views in the coming weeks."
I'll no doubt be back with more on this as it's quite a big change! I have a test blog where I'll be looking at how I can customise the themes. What does everyone think? Will you be switching to a new default dynamic view?