Shoogly Beads - Winter Brights
Just a quick facebook tip for trying to boost engagement. It's very simple but a good way to help to kickstart your page, if your posts are falling on deaf ears.
Facebook can be *sooo* annoying!Not exactly breaking news to many of you, but it's so true! I have a love hate relationship with facebook - when it's all going my way I love it, when it decides to hide my posts away from fans... I hate it and have to scream at my insight pages!
- In order to increase your reach (number of people seeing your posts) you need to have an engaged page, lots of likes and comments will see your posts in your fans 'top stories'
Posts have a shelf life on facebook of less than 48 hours, your updates will be removed from peoples friend and page streams after this time (if they ever made it into their live streams)- but of course they still exist on your page!
To find the link for an individual post you need to click on the date - if you just posted it may say 1minute ago or if it was last week it will give the actual date.
Here are some ideas for sharing the Facebook post link
- Email the link to a few good friends and ask them help you out with a few 'starter' comments, obviously you would not want to do this too often or you may lose friends!
- Post the link on twitter and then repost it, and then again for good luck! You need to change the way you phrase it each time.
- Post the link on other facebook threads or in forums (relevant only or otherwise it is spam). For example you may say "I was just talking about this subject" or "I'd love some feedback on my latest listing, you can find it here" etc just reiterating that you need to make it relevant otherwise it's just spam.
- Post the link in your latest newsletter, ask people to specifically get engaged in that post - sometimes that's easier than the slightly whingy 'please like my page' suggestions. You could set up a post especially - eg. "What did you think of my newsletter" and then ask for feedback to this link when you post - a great way to build up a few extra subscribers (as long as you get good feedback!)
- Anywhere that you can create a hyperlink - would love to hear your suggestions!
Hope you find this useful! The page snip above is taken from 'SilverSense' - a fab bead supplies company - follow that link to their facebook page. You'll find me nattering about jewellery and beads over there as I'm looking after their social media! It's going to be full of jewellery selling tips very soon!
Do you have any facebook troubles, or G+ quandries... let me know in a comment and as always you are welcome to link over to your pages as long as you don't sell anything dodgy!